Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tomatillo Cilantro Cream Sauce

My sister told me about this recipe and I knew I had to try it. I LOVE it. We eat a lot of mexican food around here, so this something I will be making frequently.

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
3 T sour cream
1 C tomatillo salsa (I homemake mine, but you can buy cans at the store)
2 spoonfuls of jalepenos (from a 4oz. can), opt.
1 t pepper
1 t seasoned salt
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t cumin
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1 T lime juice

*Blend all of the ingredients except the cream cheese and sour cream in the blender or food proccessor until cilantro is finely chopped. Pour into saucepan and add cream cheese and sour cream and heat until creamy and smooth. Serve on top of chicken, burros, chimis, enchiladas. It is great as chip dip. It can be served warm or cold.

No comments: