Monday, February 18, 2008

Quick Chicken Marinade

I found this chicken marinade on allrecipes.com and modified it slightly. We used it last night with grilled chicken breasts, and served it with vegetable stir fry and rice. I don't think I've ever had grilled chicken so tasty. It was delicious!

Allow chicken to marinade 4 hours or less (I did about 2 1/2-3), NOT overnight.

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (I used regular, but I was worried it would be too salty so I cut it down just a tad and added a little water to make the full 2/3 cup)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 T liquid smoke flavoring
1/2-1 t dried mustard
2 t ground black pepper
2 t garlic powder

Mix all ingredients except chicken. Place chicken in a bowl and coat with marinade. Cover and marinate a maximum of 4 hours in the refrigerator.

Grill 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.

No comments: