Wednesday, October 24, 2007

KFC Chicken Bowl

This might seem like just a boring chicken dinner, but something about layering it makes it so good. My kids love it. It tastes like a different meal...a very good one.

Layer the following in a bowl:
*Mashed Potatoes (5-6 cubed and boiled in enough water to cover. I always use red potatoes and then I don't have to peel. Cook for 20-30 minutes until a fork can go through potato very easily and they fall apart. Drain water. Add 2-3 T of butter, 3-4 T of sour cream or milk, 1/2-1 t. salt (or add to taste), pepper to taste, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder if wanted. Blend until creamy.)
*Corn and/or Green Beans, or Mixed Veggies (canned, frozen, whatever, cook and season with a little butter, salt, pepper, and I always sprinkle a little seasoned salt on my veggies)
*Popcorn or Chicken Strips (Cooked accordingly and cut up...we love the Perdue brand of Popcorn Chicken)
*Gravy (1 pkt McCormmick's brown gravy or turkey gravy - whatever - cooked accordingly)
*Cheese (Sprinkle on top)

Enjoy! We sure did! It kind of reminds me of a chicken version of Shepherd's Pie.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I can't wait to try this...these are so good!!