Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chicken Cordon Bleu (crock-pot)

I made this last night and it turned out GREAT!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 slices of swiss cheese
4-8 slices of ham (depending on size and how ham-my you want it).
2 Tbsp. of butter
1 can of cream of chicken
3 Tbsp. of milk
3 Tbsp. white wine (optional)
1/4 tsp. of pepper
(I also add a little seasoning to mine-- 21 seasoning salute from Trader Joe's- the best!)
Sliced bacon is also an option & keeps your chicken MOIST!

I flatten my chicken with a mallet/meat tenderizer it makes it so much easier to roll. Place ham and cheese on top of chicken, roll up (also, this in the time to add the bacon around the outside of the roll, if you choose) and secure with toothpicks (I use 2 in each--just dont forget about them ;)).

Melt the butter in a pan on the stove. LIGHTLY brown each roll, DO NOT overcook! I do about 1 min. or so on each side.

Place in slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the top. Try to make sure the the chicken almost fully covered, it won't dry out that way. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. I will usually add sliced potatoes and carrots to have a complete meal!

No comments: